Monday, June 25, 2007

Annoyed

Ok, so you may have figured out by now that I complain a lot. It's really not me, there's just a lot TO complain about! However, I realized that I may have hit a new low this weekend on the annoyance factor.

I got annoyed at someone. I have no idea who. I will never know who.

I'm reading a fluffy little novel about a group of friends in England called "Bookends". This book has been out a fairly long time - it was published in this country in 2002. I checked this book out from the library (as is my wont). One of the previous readers of this book has decided that she knows more about the rules of grammar in the English language than the author, her editors, the countless proofreaders and the publishing company. The person actually has scratched out "I" and written in "me" so far in two places. In at least one case - our self-appointed goddess of grammar is WRONG! If she was going to change the word at all - it should have been changed to "myself" not "me". However, although I consider myself pretty literate, I don't know the rules of the REAL English language (you know, the one in England - not the bastardized version that we use here), so I cannot comment.

However, I will rest better at night, knowing that the Jackie Colling smutty vacation book I'm currently waiting for - will be grammatically correct - what a relief!

3 comments:

alienbody said...

In what alternate reality is this person living in that allows her (because I'm SURE it's a HER that did it)to do such a moronic thing? I HATE getting library books that someone has underlined, highlighted or doodled in. Sooooo annoying!!!

Chickenbells said...

Rude...I hate it when people write in books...it shows absolutely no respect! And, there's nothing like smutty romance...

Debbie said...

As long as Jackie Collins is ANATOMICALLY correct too...