Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Beautiful

A conversation with my daughter last night:

Me: You're my beautiful girl, you know that?
A: But I'm not wearing my beautiful dress!
Me: But you're beautiful on the inside. In your heart, in your mind.
A: You can see my heart?
Me: Absolutely! When you paint me a picture, when you give me a hug, when you help me or your brother, when you want to make people feel better, when you cry because someone else is sad. I can see how beautiful your heart is all those times.

She didn't understand me, but if it sunk in on any level, that's one more point on my "Super-Mom" chart.

(Oh, the other points I earned yesterday were for feeding my children dinner with both a fruit AND a veggie, while mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, and cleaning - all before 7:00PM after a 9 1/2 hour day at the office)

1 comment:

alienbody said...

You ROCK! Single, working parents are among the hardest working people I know!