Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Ol' Switcheroo

Today is Thursday. This is the first time the kids will be going over to T's new place instead of being with me. Is it wrong that I'm really looking forward to a night off?

Of course, the planned events for the evening don't involve nakedness, alcohol, or any of the usual ingredients to a fun evening. Instead I'll be going to the library, dropping off forms and paying for next week at the Y, then going shopping to fulfill some swap commitments. Sound dull? Not to me. This is an evening spent by myself - listening to the music I choose, taking as long as I want to wander through the store, stopping to look at whatever I want to look at in the library, if I want to stop and have a snack - by gum, I will! I don't have a curfew, I don't have to check in, there is nobody waiting for me.

Funny, all the years I spent wanting someone waiting for me at home, and now I'm so glad to have one evening where there isn't anyone there.

Hi Me! Nice to see Me again!

No comments: