Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Know... I know...

It's been a long time since I've updated this Blog. It's not like I haven't been doing anything fun. It's not like I have been so monumentally busy that I haven't had time to write. It's not like I don't have anything to say (ha!).

So why the delay?

It's a strange situation to be in. The whole point of this Blog was a venue for finding myself, and finding my path. Finding my happiness, if that's not too sappy. Here's the problem. I'm happy.

Don't get me wrong, being happy certainly isn't a problem. It just gives me a whole lot less to bitch about!

I've been doing some pretty great things in the last three weeks since I've updated, and I could post about those, but I didn't want to turn into one of those mommy-bloggers or the - "here is what I did and aren't I great" kind of bloggers. I suppose a few highlights wouldn't kill anyone, right?

The biggest event was a special day planned for my son. My son, S, has been into Nascar since he was about 2 years old. Due to the nature of my work, I spend a lot of time conversing with UPS. The UPS rep invited S (and his mom) to attend a race (the Nationwide Series) courtesey of them. S sat in an air-conditioned luxury suite, watched the race from behind the reinforced (and therefore sound proofed) glass, snack and drink on the munchies provided, and take home a goodie bag equivalent to an Oscar night extravaganza. The child couldn't stop smiling the entire day, and he is still sleeping in his UPS racing jersey whenever mommy (or the more maleable babysitter) lets him.




I've picked up the geocaching again, and D and I have spent many happy hours searching under rocks and bushes for ellusive treasure. He and I are very similar in that we appreciate the area we live in so much and it's a real treat to go to Sedona, Jerome, Camp Verde, and still be home in time for hockey.

Ah yes, hockey. The Arizona Sundogs have been in the playoffs, and D and I have been to nearly every game. Last night was the third in four days (hence the maleable babysitter mentioned above) and we watched a nail-biter of a game, which the Sundogs did take 2-1; bring the conference series to 3-2. One more win for my dogs and they are off to the President's Cup Finals. This would be an amazing accomplishment - and a fitting end to a great season.

There you have it - an update on my life.

Don't get me wrong - it's not all milk and honey. I still have to deal with T, I still have to work, I'm still confident that I'm doing things wrong with D, with my kids, with everyone. In fact, you should probably book mark this entry - I'm sure the whiny, bitchy ones will be back soon.

No comments: