Sunday, July 29, 2007

Two Reasons to be Depressed

I went to K-Mart today to buy the kids the supplies they needed for school. $85 later, I have the new Princess lunchbox, the new football lunch box, the water colors, hand sanitizers, boxes of Kleenex, markers, plastic folders, pencils (both regular and colored) and the crayons.

I don't even include spending the money in my reason for being upset. Rather, it was the statement that the teenage clerk made. to my comment, "Wow, school is expensive". His response "Is this for high school?"

Reason for Depression #1: I look old enough to have high school kids?
Reason for Depression #2: This kid was probably just out of high school - does he actually think that crayons and lunchboxes are part of the curriculum? What are they teaching in HIGH school now?

I'm going back to Wal-Mart, where they ask me if I'm 18.

1 comment:

Chickenbells said...

At least you don't have to add reason #3 to be depressed...you work at K-Mart! (oh, I actually worked at K-Mart in high school when it was the only store in town...)