Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Here we go!

I kept a Blog once before - about diet and weightloss. I'm sure components of that will raise their ugly heads once again, but that's not my focus this time around. This time, I'm going to use this an exercise to try to figure some stuff out.

Like I said up there, I know an amazing amount of things. Now, now, before you sputter and spurt and write me off as an egotistical know-it-all, let me clarify. I have a mind made for useless bits of trivia. I can tell you why we cover our mouths when we yawn, I can tell you how many calories are in 4 ounces of strawberries, I can tell you what my friend had for lunch when we went out two years ago, and I could tell you how many spiders the average person eats unintentionally in their sleep.

However, I cannot tell you what I want to be when I grow up. I can't tell you why I don't consider myself grown-up already. I can't tell you why I want to try a new hobby every other month. I can't tell you why I always feel like I'm waiting for my REAL life to start. I can't tell you why I find total motivation in snipets from children's movies. I can't tell you why I don't make friends easily. I can't tell you why I don't let go of the past. I can't tell you why I can be so sure about something one day, and total disinterested the next.

There are many, many more things I can tell you - and even more that I can't. So, my plan is, with each entry into this journal, to offer some answers, and ask more questions. Hopefully, eventually, I'll get some to match up.

So, in case anyone was wondering, we cover our mouths when we yawn to prevent the Devil from entering our bodies (at least that's where it started - now it's just considered rude not to), there are 36 calories in 4 ounces of strawberries, my friend had a southwestern salad (while I had a grilled chicken "burger"), and the average human being swallows 4 spiders while sleeping over the course of their life.

1 comment:

thatgirldina said...

WhoooHooo! Welcome back to the blog universe! We've missed you.

I'm loving your intro. Can't wait to read more.

Although, the whole spider thing kinda grossed me out. Blech!
xoxo,
-deenie