Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekends Are Different Now

Well, this was the first weekend that included a custody transfer. T actually moved out a couple of weeks ago, but I took the kids out of town so this was the first time we actually had to do a kid exchange. It went amazingly well.

There was a little bit of fussing - but it was over a Lunchable. Of course, T, being the gentleman that he is, has to make sure that even though the kids aren't complaining in front of me, they were fussing about coming back to the house while in the car. I seriously think he thinks that it's a compliment to him, and an insult to me when the kids fuss about coming back to my house. He doesn't realize that it happens in the other direction, cuz I don't tell 'im!

After the exchange - I took the kids bowling with a friend, and they had a great time. They have already declared that they want to do that AGAIN next weekend.

As for me? I spent the rest of my weekend reclaiming my house. I emptied and reorgainzed cabinets, drawers, closets, etc. Moved furniture (all by myself, I'll have you know), changed the look and feel of the living room, playroom (and am working on my bedroom) - The kids loved the changes and said that the house looked really different, and that they were going to try to help keep it clean. (We'll see...)

By the end of the weekend, I was tired, sore and aching... and thrilled.

No comments: