Thursday, January 3, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Nowhere.

It's true. I have no decent excuses for not updating this Blog. My winter break came and went. Christmas came and went. New Year's came and went. My birthday looms (WAY, WAY too close).

I had a week and a half off of work. However, this was the year of the 30 minute vacation. I did get things done that needed to be done, but it never felt like I was on vacation. Between running errands, cleaning, cooking, laundry, doctor's appointments, kid stuff, work stuff (yes, even on vacation), it seems like I got my "time off" here and there - 20 minutes to read. 45 minutes to play a game. The time flew by.

Christmas with my closest was lovely. Being the nice guy that I am, I let T take the kids on Christmas eve, even though it was my day. However, I made it very clear that they were sleeping at *my* house, as Santa was coming there. The kids were nestled all snug in their beds, and that's when it hit me. The holiday skippies. I bounced around the living room, filling stockings, putting presents under the tree, scarfing down overly decorated cookies and ruthlessly chomping carrots. (The milk was left for D to drink - blech!)

The kids didn't wake up fast enough for the grown ups - who ever heard of such a thing??? so they were awakened with a whispered "Santa was here..." and out they bounded - paper was flying, stockings were emptied, items looked at and quickly discarded - however, all was well received (ok, maybe not the clothes or D's tupperware, but you know how that goes...)

A day or two later and the munchkins were returned to their father for a couple of nights.

The following Friday began the New Year's Weekend festivities, with one more child, twice as much fun, and lots more noise.

I'll think I'll save those stories for tomorrow. That way I can avoid thinking about the other thing that tomorrow brings...

2 comments:

Debbie said...

And I know when your birthday is - neener, neener, neener!!!

Can't wait to hear your Christmas stories (love all your stories!) and I hope you have a FABULOUS birthday!! You deserve it!

alienbody said...

Ohhh..your birf-day! Your gonna be.....hahaha..you thought I'd spill the beans.