Thursday, September 6, 2007

Motivation and Rewards

I'm obsessed with rewards right now. I believe that they work well, and I'd much rather reward for good behavior than punish for bad behavior.

However, while I'm pretty good at coming up with rewards for everyone else - I find that I can't self-motivate with rewards. The main reason is that all the things I can think of require money, and I just don't have any. I'm trying so hard to be fiscally responsible, even though I've got those pretty little plastic cards calling my name. There are books I want, toes to be painted, restaurants to try - but I'm tempered by the lack of actual cash in my checking account. Damn It!

1 comment:

alienbody said...

Hmmm...rewards are hard. You need a really good friend who's willing to send you something special each time you reach a goal. Hmmm, who could that be?